Thursday, March 9, 2017

#SOL17 Day 9 - Ode to a Thin Mint

Ode to a Thin Mint

O, Thin Mint
You're a magical combination of
Luxurious chocolate and snappy mint.
You arrive each year,
Couriered by little gals in green sashes
Like a harbinger of spring.

O, Thin Mint
Like revenge, you are a dessert
Best served cold.
You rest in my freezer
A sweet surprise that awaits
When I go for ice.

O, Thin Mint
Your green box delights upon sight
Box? Who am I kidding?
Boxes.
Do I have enough 
To last until next year's delivery? 

8 comments:

  1. What a great slice- humor and something i could relate to! I wish we could get Girl Scout cookies here! I agree- best served cold. I love your ode and hope you have enough (although I doubt you do!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never enough! That was so much fun. I love when you can feel the rhythm and crisp shapes of the words as you read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never enough! That was so much fun. I love when you can feel the rhythm and crisp shapes of the words as you read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! It was fun to play with the words!

      Delete
  4. Yay! It's Thin Mint season! Summer, Autumn, Winter, Thin Mint, Spring...one of the best parts of the year. Clearing out my freezer in preparation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! The least known - but greatest - season of them all!!

      Delete
  5. Oh, thin mints have stolen my heart. I love the playful aspect of this poem. I especially like the break in the last two lines. Isn't that the truth!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews