Saturday, March 25, 2017

#SOL17 Day 25: Travel Observations


Security changed... no more taking off our shoes! Everyone was sniffed by a security dog, though, so that was new. Interesting how it keeps changing.

I watched two moms kiss their kids goodbye and watch wistfully as they headed down the jetway. I wonder if the moms went and bonded over a glass of wine after we took off.

Our flight to LA is completely full. About 75% of the people on the plane are using some sort of electronic device. My kid is reading a book. I'm so proud.

Southwest's flight attendants have a dry sense of humor and I love it.

We pushed back from the gate 10 minutes early. We're now sitting on the tarmac waiting for a new route west due to weather. The captain says he still thinks we'll get into LA on time instead of early. Let's pray he's right.

Runway lights are pretty at night. They sparkle.

We now have to go get more gas to fly our new route. Better to be safe than sorry. People are being very patient. Everyone is Spring Break Mellow.

Flying with a pilot is fun. My husband tells me all this stuff I don't know and I feel like I'm an insider.  I'm way more relaxed when I'm flying with him.  I just looked over at him and he's reading my blog. As I'm writing a new post. Weird.

Now he's on his iPad looking at the weather. He's glad the storms are "not tall." I'm taking this to be a good sign.

The view from the airplane as we sit at the gate: it's now thunderstorming.  The ramp has closed because it's too dangerous for the rampers to refuel. I'm going to be one of the minority and pull out a book to distract myself. Deciding between Game of Thrones and Big Little Lies. I think I'll settle into the battle of the Starks and Lannisters.

If you're reading this, it means we made it to LA and will make our Tahiti connection!

4 comments:

  1. I giggled at the "he's reading my blog while I'm writing a new post."

    And enjoy Game of Thrones! Just seeing you write about it makes me want to watch it again! Although, it's been so long since it ended, I'm not sure I remember what happened!

    Glad you got to LA on time. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sitting in theairline lounge in LA. 2 hours til takeoff!!

      Delete
  2. It was fun to read your observations. Having recently flown it is interesting to note how different and the same our observations can be. I'll bet it is different to fly with a pilot! I am so glad that you made your connection and can start the next leg of your trip to Tahiti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd rather be sniffed by a security dog than shed my shoes, so that's good news for my next flight! I hate that weather interrupt the excitement we feel as we head off to our destinations. But thrilled you made it to LA. Safe trip for the rest of the way!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews