Wednesday, March 1, 2017

#SOL17 Day 1: Blogging Anxieties


On this, day one of the Slice of Life Challenge, I am riddled with nerves. I've had this blog and others, for a couple of years now, but I've been quite inactive until I was inspired by this. And now I feel myself feeling quite nervous.

My blogging anxieties (in a stream of consciousness):

  • What if I don't have anything good to say?
  • What defines "good"?
  • What if no one comments?
  • Do I need the comments as validation?
  • I feel very vulnerable right now. Does this mean I'm growing?
  • Is this how my students feel when I read their work? Whoa.
  • IS THIS HOW MY STUDENTS FEEL WHEN I READ THEIR WORK? 
  • What if I can't keep up? I don't have to be perfect. I just want to grow.
  • I want to give helpful, valuable feedback. WOW. This part will be super helpful for me in the classroom.
I'm feeling way less anxious. It felt really good to get that out... this writing thing is cathartic! And I'm finding that I don't even mind sending my insecurities out into the world because I'm guessing this community welcomes them and understands them.

Anxiety + writing = anticipation!! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!

4 comments:

  1. Wahoo! It is amazing how writing makes you automatically a more empathetic teacher of writers. It is scary to put it out there- every single time! You did it! You are off to a great, reflective start! I hope you share this with your students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I have all the same anxieties! Good to have company! Already 15 views on my post without a comment...gulp. Well, at least we all have each other, right! All the best! Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lorie!
    I was scrolling through the slices today and saw your name! This is my second year doing the challenge, and I love it. It is cathartic to get stuff out!

    And the commenting thing...I try to act like I don't need comments for validation, but I think I do! I get so excited when I see a new comment pop up!!

    I look forward to reading your blog!

    (Natalie Dunne)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie!! Oh my goodness! It's so great to see you on here. I've got to check out your blog as well. Yay for a friendly face in the blogosphere!

      Delete

Total Pageviews