Here's my plan: brainstorm a bunch of ideas to write about. They'll be no particular order - just thoughts (they'll be both content- and format-based.) Add to the plan as inspiration strikes. That's it.
I know that the challenge starts on a Wednesday and has 31 days to it. For 7 of those days, I'll be on vacation, celebrating 20 years of marriage with my wonderful husband, so I'll have to take that into account as well.
Here we go:
- weather phenomena
- haiku - want to get some poetry going
- ode to spring
- what I'm reading
- book clubs
- 5th grade funnies (want to start writing these down)
- dogs and what they do for us
- saying goodbye
- standardized testing
- reading what we love - the impact on students
- our jobs and how they impact us
- taking time to focus on relationships (I could start a blog on this alone - both personally and professionally)
- The Cubs and being uncomfortable
- work/life balance
- book lists - what I want to read
- a new country
- new experiences - how they change us
- staying present
- student choice & responsibility - reflections and growth
I'm realizing as I create this list that it's going to force me to be more present. To slow down and take notice of the small, funny moments that take place each day, but that I don't always take time to SEE.
I'm also realizing that I'll want to narrow my topics in order to keep my posts short - after all, it's a Slice of Life, not my Theory of Life. I'm loquacious by nature. Editing to be concise will be a challenge for me here, but I think it'll translate well into teaching and conferring points with my young writers.
So I have a plan!! Now: execute.