Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Wonderful World of Blogging

http://blogs.msdn.com/blogfiles/teachers/WindowsLiveWriter/100posts_D1E4/image_3.png

Feeling a little bit unsure of what to write as I begin this new adventure. My head is swirling with so many thoughts, ideas, and questions.  Last year, as I attempted to read a book each day over the summer as part of the #bookaday challenge, I tracked my books and reflected on myself as a reader on our class' reading blog. But as I begin my 6th year as an elementary school teacher, I find myself more and more in need of reflection: on books, on ideas I've read about from other teachers, and on education in general - the good, the not so good, and the less than pretty.

The biggest question that continues to challenge me is "how will I continue to grow and evolve professionally?" Right now, the answer is this blog. While I have stretched myself out of my comfort zone (Twitter PLN, Voxer groups were a challenge for me) I found that the risk of putting myself out there was SO worth the reward. A blog seemed like the most logical next step in my professional growth.  I hope this journey continues to strengthen my professional practice, as well as grow my professional learning network. A collaboration junkie at heart, I love hearing how other great teachers are learning and growing.

The biggest challenge will be to find the time to write, but I simply need to make reflection a priority, as I do my family and (not-so-successfully) exercise. Perhaps treating this blog like Dumbledore's pensieve will help alleviate some of the pressure and stress that teaching inevitably brings.

So, onward I go into the sea of education blogs, in hopes of helping others - and myself - along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews